Finish Messy, but Finish.

I'm finishing up my third successful round of the Blood Sugar Solution's Ten-Day Detox.  I've attempted this probably twice as many times as I've successfully finished it, mostly because I know how great I'm going to feel when I get over the hump of detoxing, but I'm not always stubborn enough to stick to it.

I've decided that's the key, really: Stubbornness.

And also?  I have to set aside the perfectionism that eats away at me when I slip off the wagon, even the tiniest bit.  The last time I attempted the detox, on Day 3, I accidentally ate some sweet potato soup, which is not on the plan. And I just. Couldn't. Go. On.

So I made myself a cup of coffee and had a piece of chocolate.

Game over.

These days, I am trying to repeat a new mantra: Finish messy if you have to, but finish.

Convincing myself of this has been a life's work, but I'm starting to think it's the secret of life.

Comments

tanita✿davis said…
‘Finished last’ will always be better than ‘Did not finish’, which always trumps ‘Did not start.’ - Angel Chernoff

You go, Barb.
"Finish messy" - excellent advice!
Well done! To be honest, I love messy. It makes the whole thing so much more yours .