Jane, Glorious Jane

(Thanks to Candy for talking me down and for being smarter than I am, not to mention Blogger. SHEESH. The next time I say I'm going to upload a video, just hit me in the head with a shovel, okay? It'd be less painful.)

Well, I lied about not uploading this video. It's too wonderful not to share.

I love that the original tongue-twister from which Jane derived this one is actually very short (taken from a Sesame Street book.) It goes like this:

Betty bought a bit of bitter butter.
It made her batter bitter.
So Betty bought a bit of better butter,
Which made Betty's bitter batter better.

You gotta love Jane's extemporaneous twisting.

Bagel Update: In a turn of events I could not have predicted, all bagels were eaten and loved, but especially by Ana, who ate fully half of them. Jane refused to try them and told me she hoped it wouldn't hurt my feelings but they were just too strange looking.

I couldn't really say much being as how I agreed and all.

Oh, and a big sigh of relief that we seem to have dodged the nit bullet, if you know what I mean. But let me just tell you, the surest way to make yourself think that you've got lice is to go trolling around for pictures of them. Immediately you begin to itch and you don't stop until you... well, never. Every time I think about it, I start to itch again.

Comments

Candy said…
open a youtube account, upload it there and then copy and paste from the embed box, the HTML into the HTML side of blogger.
Anonymous said…
Honey, we've done the lice/nit thing a NUMBER of times (like 3 or 4!!!). It is brutal but if you have any questions, feel free to ask - I consider myself an expert!
So true - I could really do without all those pictures of a louse magnified 10,000 times, or whatever.
Ei said…
She is truly adorable. A-DORE-ABLE.
MadMad said…
Oooooh! I missed the lice addition yesterday, so had to go back and see what you were talking about. We have them here - well, not here, here, thank God (though it would be a nice going away present for the house guests!) but at school, where all the little girls are now wearing pigtails so tight they can't see, and are hairsprayed to within an inch of their lives. (Thought to be a deterrent.)
DK said…
Oh, my gosh, she really is just too cute!

::sigh:: It really is Life According to Jane, isn't it?
Barb Matijevich said…
I'm embarrassed to tell you how often I've watched this. And grinned every single time.

It's just, so... Jane. She never stops moving and she's just really charming. I don't know. I'm her mother. I cannot possibly be objective.

And MadMad, not only did I re-post and re-edit after the subscriber thingy had sent but TODAY'S post was publishe about, oh, um, 7,000 times. I'm sure anyone who subscribes to me via RSS feed is just writhing on the floor begging me to stop.

I'm new to blogging. I think maybe I'll get better at it. Maybe.