I Blush...

Today, the Women's Colony posted an old column that I wrote about my father. It means a lot to me to share the story of my dad--like maybe this way his memory stays alive and stronger in my heart. I still think about him every day, even though my mom has remarried and he's been gone twenty years now.

I always feel a little funny promoting my work but it would mean a lot to me if y'all would go visit this particular piece. Click here for Barb's So The Thing Is Father's Day Column. And thanks!

Comments

Unknown said…
i read ithere and re-read it over there. It's a very good piece.
Karen said…
You rock. I had just read it over there and felt so proud of you, being posted there and all. I mean, I know you are a professional writer and all, but still, this is MRS. G!!!!
Hannah said…
Lovely essay, Barb!
Mary Ellen said…
What a beautiful tribute to your dad and how lucky you are to have such precious memories from before his accident.

He was obviously a very special person, and you are a gifted writer.
Yes, a lovely piece, Barb. I, too, miss my dad every day.
alison said…
I did read it. And that's why I'm over here poking around and reading more posts, because I liked it.

I'll try not to snort too much while laughing at your archives.
Miri said…
It's just fantastic, and well-deserved, that you're over there at the Women's Colony. Thanks for writing so beautifully about your father, and about your relationship with him. The father-daughter thing is pretty potent, and I so agree with you: those who are missing it are just, well, *missing* it.
Lynn said…
Lovely, Barb. I miss mine, too. I loved him and respected him, and I didn't find out half the really good things he accomplished in his life until he was nearly gone, and I asked him what he was proudest of. His guard was sufficiently down that he actually told me. Truly a humble, noble man.