Poor Little One

Today, I picked up Ana from school and she mentioned she had a headache. She asked if she could just lie down for a while until the guests for her party arrived.

Hm.

I took her temperature.

101 degrees.

The long-anticipated hotel birthday extravaganza has been rescheduled for next weekend. The hotel was gracious enough to allow us to simply reschedule, despite the fact that my husband had gone earlier in the day and checked in. The guests were grateful not to have been exposed to the 'flu and agreed to try again next Friday.

But the birthday girl? Heartbroken.

And sick as a dog.

Comments

Sarahviz said…
Awwww...the poor thing.
Anonymous said…
Oh, poor, sweet Ana! Feel better soon. Just think, another week of exciting anticipation!!! x
MadMad said…
Ooooooh, NOOOOOOOOOO! Poor thing! Feel better soon, Ana!
Mrs.Q said…
Poor kid! I hope she gets over it (the bug) right quick.
Anonymous said…
Poor Anna. I hope she's better today. I wish I lived there--I'd come help you eat that delicious looking cake!
Candi said…
Poor poor Ana!! That just plain stinks!

Now let's all hope that by next weekend she is all better!!
Candy said…
Poor kid... that stinks! And you get to do all the prep all over again! Feel better, Ana!
hokgardner said…
We've had that happen here, and boy does it stink. I hope Ana feels better soon!
Kathy Ireland said…
Aw Ana. Tell her I'm so sorry things didn't work out. Anticipation is half the fun though! Once she starts to feel better, think of how excited she'll be that her party is still to come!

Feel better soon little Marchie!
ccr in MA said…
Poor Ana! Does she get to eat that cake now, and get another for the celebration? Maybe that would help her feel better.
Heidi Malott said…
The same thing happened to my now 11 y.o. We had to postpone her slumber party for strep throat -- heartbroken!!

Do you think your more exposed to being sicker, being in a different climate and stuck indoors more than you were in TX, just a thought. That is why we are always glad for warmer weather here in the midwest, open windows, being outside, less sickness.