Teachers Love Me

Today was the carnival at Ana's school and I was a volunteer.

These things are rather tortuous for me because I am shy but I have that weird Army-brat camouflage that makes me talk maniacally.

And sweat.

But one of the class mothers had an injured child and couldn't work the carnival at the last minute so she called me.

I arrived at the school, signed in, picked up my name tag and reported for duty.

I needed my hands free so I wore my purse across my body for most of the three hours that I spent at the school. And honestly? I enjoyed myself and I enjoyed making the kids laugh and I had some fun talks with some of the other mom volunteers.

And then when I got home, I walked into the bathroom and discovered that for most of the day, my name tag looked just like this:

Comments

Linda D. said…
Yes you are!
MadMad said…
They're probably all goin', Those southern women! It's all hell this and hell that! Hahahaha!
Susan/SC said…
That made me think of one year when I taught first grade and made a bulletin board that said, "Welcome to Mrs. H's Class" and I stood in front of it with every child and took a first day of school picture. But my lovely assistant taking the photos didn't notice that the way I was standing blocked the "Mrs." and the "Cl". So all 25 children ended up with a photo that said, "Welcome to H's ass." Nice.
smalltownme said…
Hell, I'm laughing!
Hannah said…
LOL, literally! I'd be snorting water out my nose if I were drinking any!
Mama Ava said…
Hell YES! I love it. It sums up everything you say about life...and if I saw it, I'd think, "hey, that's a mom that I'd have a drink or 2 with!"
otter said…
that is so perfect!
Miri said…
Hell-*o* Barb. Have I told you lately how glad I am you write this stuff down?
hokgardner said…
Mom and I are sitting here laughing out loud.
Mary Ellen said…
You totally made my day with this one. I am SO going to cross out the O every time I have to wear one of those name tags from now on.
kim said…
I read this at work sometime this week during the week from hell, and it really made me laugh. Thank you.