More MeMe MeMe MeMe

Either I am channeling Beaker or I have been tagged. Well, I wasn't called by name, exactly but details, people, details. I love these things!

Things I'm Passionate About:
1. My kids
2. Coop
3. My Blog
4. Reading
5. Writing
6. Knitting
7. My house
8. Oh, okay, okay, my pets

Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Earn a Book Contract and Go on a Promotional Tour
2. Have a place for everything and everything in its place
3. Learn to play the guitar
4. Get completely fit and muscular
5. Live on the beach
6. Learn Photoshop, which has to be the most counter-intuitive program ever designed
7. Learn how to use my camera as it was meant to be used
8. Knit a freaking sweater

Things That I Say Often:
1. Dude!
2. Five Minute Room Rescue!
3. If I have to ask you again, there will be a loss of privileges.
4. Don't pet him; he'll pee!
5. I'm very crazy about you. Have I told you that in the last five minutes?
6. Yes, I'm still limping but I think it's getting better.
7. Listen, sister, that look doesn't work on me because I INVENTED it.
8. Not really the sharpest knife in drawer, know what I'm sayin'?

Books I've Read Recently (Or Am Reading):
1. The Courage to Write (Ralph Keyes)
2. A Year Without "Made In China" (Sara Bongiorni)
3. Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert) I'd already read it but it's my book club's pick for October.
4. Peter and the Starcatchers (Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson) Ana recommended this one to me. I'm enjoying it.
5. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Barbara Kingsolver)
6. A Long Way Down (Nick Hornby) I love Nick Hornby but I'm not sure I can recommend this book. It's the oddest Nick Hornby book I've ever read.
7. Gilead (Marilynne Robinson) Simply one of the finest books I've ever read.
8. The Yarn Harlot Casts Off (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee)

Songs I Can Listen To Over and Over:
1. Dimming of the Day (Bonnie Raitt)
2. Ain't No Way (Aretha Franklin)
3. Phenomenal Woman (Ruthie Foster)
4. All Over Again (Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings)
5. Galileo (Indigo Girls)
6. One Big Love (Patty Griffin)
7. Midnight Train to Georgia (Gladys Knight)
8. Everything Must Change (Oleta Adams)

I think I must be in a mood to sing in my car since these are typically songs I belt out when no one is listening!

What Attracts Me To My Friends:
1. a shared sense of humor
2. intelligence
3. honesty
4. compassion
5. open-mindedness
6. positive, glass half-full outlook
7. the ability to laugh at themselves
8. authenticity

Things That I Learned (in the) Last Year:
1. Exercise is the Key to Life (well, for me anyway)
2. Whatever else there is to value in a person, simple kindness means the most.
3. Small things are often more important than big things.
4. Poop needs to happen in everybody's life.
5. There are some tragic events for which there is simply no comfort.
6. How you sound is sometimes as important as what you are saying.
7. Humans need to touch and be touched.
8. I am blessed beyond all measure.

If you’ve read this far, consider yourself tagged!

Comments

hokgardner said…
Well now I need to get to work. I read all the way through.
DK said…
Hmmm, I don't think it's fair if you tag us by default...

Oh, and by the way - vcesiws. It's my verification word. I've decided it looks like a Polish obscenity, particularly if you make it "vcesiws!"
Jennifer said…
Barb,
I truly LOVE reading what you have to say. You are inspirational in a "someone who isn't afraid to say poop" way.
Lynn said…
"Dimming of the Day". Yes, and I'm not surprised that Bonnie Raitt has recorded it. I have it by The Corrs, a fine Irish family band, and it moves me to tears whenever I listen. This is the song I was listening to a few weeks before Brother Abacus oozed into my life. "dkkwfhw"; I think it's Knittish for D/FW.
Ei said…
I read all the way through, but I just got finished telling someone else that I hate doing these things and it would be rude of me to do yours and not hers. :P

fnqxpegs is my word verification today, DK. I think that is about how I feel about it, everytime I put together something with pegs in it.