MEMEMEMEMEMEME

DK sent me this and I was tagged for a meme about six random things but I figured this was more interesting. (Oh, okay, I couldn't think of six interesting things about me.)

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. My mom just liked the name. Oddly enough, we named Jane the same way.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Hello, we're in the middle of the Olympics! I'm sure it was today some time.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? You know what? I always did really like it. But then my husband said something about how most people have CURVED lines in their handwriting and I don't, and ever since, I've been a little worried about it.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Tomatoes.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes. Yes, I do.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I don't know. I'm pretty damn judgmental. No, seriously, I think maybe I would. I hope so.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
(Rolls eyes.)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes and they are darned attractive.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
If one of my children's lives depended on it.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I love cereal. Love it. I love it so much that I really can't keep it in the house. I like granola with raisins.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I do now but I never did before my surgery.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I do. I think I am much stronger than most people know.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Coffee, I think. But in Austin, there's this great ice cream chain called Amy's and their home-made ice cream... especially the ones with flavored liquors added? DUUUUDESSS.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE
Their hands.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
(I had to pick and choose because I have quite the list.) I really hate it that I cry when I get angry. Sometimes I think of the best things to say and then I can't get them out because I'm all wracked with sobs and stuff.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
This is kind of a loaded question since we just moved away from all of our friends in Texas, but I really, really miss my thin, confident self circa 1995. (But shouldn't that be, "WHOM?")

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No... but if you put it on your blog, maybe you could post or send me a link!

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? White and red Mizuno Alchemy running shoes.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Tomato sandwich and oh my gosh, it was. Sheer. Perfection.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My kids playing on the computer, my old dog Sydney sighing and the wind whispering through the tall trees out back.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Today I would be periwinkle but I am usually magenta.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Basil after I've watered the garden, the girls' freshly shampooed hair, a baby's neck (any baby, I don't care), campfires and Zingermann's Earl Grey Tea.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The dentist's office--I am making all of our back-to-school appointments. And have I mentioned how very much I hate to talk on the telephone? I. Hate. It.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, I quite love her.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Cycling, Olympics (the coverage this year has been minus all the sappy back-story stuff and we are LOVING it) and Michael Phelps. (He counts as a sport, right?)

27. Hair Color? Brown and grey

28. EYE COLOR? Brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Homegrown tomatoes, sourdough bread, real mayo. (Did I mention that already? Are you sure?)

31. MYSTERY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Both. But I never watch movies.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Howl's Moving Castle.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? black

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Weelll, this is a tough question because we just moved to New York from Texas. In Texas, I would definitely have to say Winter but in New York, this summer climate is PERFECTION and I haven't done a winter here yet. In general, though, I prefer being cold over being hot.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Hot fudge anything (or hell, just hot fudge by itself) and cobbler. (I don't like hot fudge on my cobbler, though, but I will take a scoop of vanilla ice cream.)

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I don't know, really.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND.
Coop

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Howl's Moving Castle. I borrowed it from my daughter Ana (10.)

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one so I guess, um, granite?

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Olympics and more Olympics.

42. FAVORITE SOUND? My children laughing, HARD. And running, babbling, bubbling, splashing, or falling water. Basically any time water moves, I like the sound.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? BEATLES ALL THE WAY!

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME??? My own brain. (And let me tell you, there are some really strange people there.)

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have really amazing parking Karma. It's how I have managed to NOT need a handicapped sticker so far, 18 months into this foot thing. Also, I think I am very good at encouraging people.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Stuttgart, Germany

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? I love them all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
O.K. I'll do it....but don't come looking for my answers for a week or so. Ack!
Do you mean, you're usually knitting when you're in front of a movie, so you feel that "watch" is too grandiose a term? Or do you mean that you actually don't watch movies? I guess, for me, there's no holier act than watching Hitchcock's "Notorious" for the fiftieth time. My mum still gets mad that she's not allowed to yap away while I am, in my terms anyway, in church.