I believe in SPF. Oh, my, yes I do.

We went to the beach today and I learned four things.

Unfortunately, I only remember three of them.

One is that I had this HUGE revelation when we got to the beach! My foot has really improved since our last visit to the beach --seriously. There's a big difference and we were just here in the third week of July. So, in just a little over a month, I have really made some strides (pun!) in the recovery and rehab of things. I'm so grateful, I could almost cry, seriously. I guess when the improvement is so incremental, it never feels like progress. But last time, I tried to walk into the water and it was very painful. Today? NO PAIN! I'm so excited. And grateful --did I mention grateful??

Another thing is that it's important to take out a bag of trash from the beach area --not only your trash but a bag of other people's trash.

Do it in the name of Jack Jenkins, our environmentalist neighbor who was so tragically killed in a car accident two weeks ago. In all we do to love our Earth, we also honor his spirit. I think it's important.

And my final (that I remember--I've had some rum and cokes...) point that I remember is this: I really, really embrace the concept of sun protection. In fact, it turns out that I just really, REALLY feel STRONGLY that my husband should wear a rash guard shirt. REALLY important for the enjoyment of all.


I think it's important to take a stand on some things and this is mine.

Who knew that I could feel so strongly?


Oh, my, yes, indeedy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hubba Hubba.

Nice legs too. Cyclists have nice legs.

Sorry... that's your husband I'm gawking at.
Barb Matijevich said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's nice to gawk at the one you love. They like it for some reason.

We're off to the beach today too - where it will not be raining, but will be 100+ by 11 am.

I've really got to remember not to make promises to the kids after having wine at dinner.
Anonymous said…
I clicked out of my feeder to complain about there not being any pics of hubby and there they were!

Do you mind if I link to you?

Also, I'm headed to Austin sometime in the next month--we need to do coffee!

Congrats on the new and improved walking!

~Michelle in Nowhere, Texas.
Annabanana said…
great news about your foot, Barb! And I totally agree with you about the rash shirt on M. it's a nice look, much better than blue dress shirt and khaki's I remember mostly. :-)